The growing concern of Internet addiction affects around 10-15% of the global population. Children can be affected by internet addiction, and the use of technology and the internet among young people is increasing.
Internet addiction can affect people of all ages however, certain groups such as adolescents and young adults, individuals with pre-existing mental health conditions, and those who spend long hours on the internet for leisure are more susceptible to internet addiction.
Who Accurate Is This Internet Addiction Test.
You can use the Internet Addiction Test as a self-assessment tool to determine if you have signs of internet addiction. The IAT consists of 19 questions that evaluate the frequency and impact of the individual’s internet use on various aspects of their life, including work, relationships, and mental health.
While the IAT can assist in identifying individuals who may have problematic internet use, it is not a substitute for a full clinical assessment by a mental health professional.
Please take your time reading all the questions and respond with the statement you most agree with.
FAQs For Internet Addiction
Is Internet addiction a mental health problem?
Although Internet addiction is not officially recognized as a mental health disorder by organizations like the World Health Organization or the American Psychiatric Association, it is widely acknowledged as a growing concern with the potential to significantly impact an individual’s mental and physical health.
The APA has classified “internet gaming disorder” as a condition worthy of further study in its most recent Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders – 5. Further research is necessary to classify Internet addiction as a formal mental health disorder.
Internet addiction can negatively impact mental health in several ways. Prolonged and excessive use of the internet can lead to social isolation, depression, and anxiety as individuals spend more time online and less time interacting with others in person.
How to tell if I am addicted to the internet?
Excessive use of the internet that interferes with daily life activities can be considered problematic and can be considered an addiction. So if you are spending 6-8 hours a day online and if you feel you cannot live without it then you must ask these below questions to yourself. If you agree with most of these questions then you are an internet addict.
- Are you spending more time on the internet than you initially planned?
- Does internet use take precedence over other important tasks and obligations?
- Do you feel uneasy or restless when unable to access the internet?
- Have you attempted to reduce internet use but failed to do so?
- Does your internet habits impact your relationships or daily life activities?
- Do you turn to the internet to avoid real-life problems or emotions?
- Despite the consequences, such as decreased productivity and social interactions, do you persist with internet use?
How do you get rid of internet addiction?
You can overcome internet addiction and lead a fulfilling life with loved ones by adjusting your habits. If you find it challenging, seeking professional assistance can be beneficial.
To recover, you need a combination of self-awareness, discipline, and support from others. Follow these steps:
1. Set achievable goals: Decide on a daily internet usage limit and stick to it.
2. Exercise self-control: Limit internet access by disabling notifications or setting usage limits on apps.
3.Find new hobbies: Replace excessive internet use with physical activities, hobbies, or social events.
4. Get support: Share your struggles with a trusted friend, family member, or mental health professional and seek their support.
5. Identify triggers: Determine what causes excessive internet use and find ways to manage or avoid these triggers.
6. Set boundaries: Clearly communicate internet usage boundaries with others and make sure they respect your needs.
7. Monitor progress: Keep track of your progress and reward yourself for positive changes.
Keep in mind that recovery is a gradual process that requires patience and self-care. If necessary, seek professional help for added support.
You may also like to take love addiction and alcohol addiction test. It recommend to take cell phone addiction test.
After you have completed the test you will find your score with high chances or low chances results. You will also find a complete report of your responses and what they mean. This self-test is most accurate addiction assessment available online and we are working hard to make it more accurate. But you will still need mental health professionals help for proper treatment and diagnosis.
Our Internet addiction quiz has helped thousands of people and we encourage you to get professional help if you are concerned about any type of addiction.
As requested we have created the offline version of internet addiction test in PDF.